Problem installing software onto PC.

WGW 22:40 07 Oct 03

I've recently tried to install MusicMatch MP3 ripping software onto my PC.
Initially when trying to install it, I got several error messages appearing saying the OLEACC.DLL file was missing. I then went onto the internet, downloaded this file into my windows/system folder and tried again. This time it says it's "Installing MUSICMATCH update file" then puts up the error starting program message - "The OLEACC.DLL file cannot start. Check the file to determine the problem".
My PC is still using Windows 95 and already has an old version of Audio Catalyst installed for MP3 ripping purposes which is quite slow now and I'd like to speed things up a bit.
I would greatly appreciate if anyone can tell me how to go about checking this and/or how to fix it.

MichelleC 09:21 08 Oct 03

Do you have a Scanjet running in b/g? If so disable and try again. (It's best to only have syst tray and explorer on when installing).

WGW 12:24 08 Oct 03

I shut down everything but systray and explorer and tried again but the same "The OLEACC.DLL file cannot start. Check the file to determine the problem" error message came up again.
Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009