Problem installing software

edgie 20:29 11 Mar 03

I recently bought a copy of The Simms for my daughter and cannot install it. I get the message 'access denied' followed by 'error getting language from registry'. I have spoken to EA and they tell me it is because I am not the administrator on my machine. I am certainly the administrator in XP and my PC manufacturer say that there is not an administrator protocol on the PC. I have had no problems installing any other software on my PC though when I tried to install the same game on my friends PC it installed no problem. Here is what EA had to say exactly : Our games require an XP User to be logged on as the MAIN ADMINISTRATOR. Therefore you will need to enter the username administrator password and then your user name password, before runnng the game. Please help me to make my 9 year old very happy!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…