Problem installing software

Young Ranger 16:03 10 Jun 05

I am having problems installing software even though I have used it previously on this PC before formatting it some time ago.

I am currently trying to instal Steinberg Clean/plus version 5. During the instalation process a message "C:Windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications."

If I ignore this message the instalation appears to continue until it asks to reboot the system. during the reboot a message asks to check the internet for update. This dosen't happen because the reboot is not complete so I cannot connect to the internet. When I click on cancel a further message appears saying that the instalation is not complete.

The programme opens and I can record but I cannot clean any tracks or burn them to CD.

I am running Win XP Home Service Pack2

GroupFC 16:15 10 Jun 05

Have a look at this thread click here and the response from DieSse, which should sort it.

sattman 16:20 10 Jun 05

I am not sure if I am understanding your situation as you say you can not connect to the internet.

Do you mean literally or only when the programme hangs?.

Young Ranger 16:59 10 Jun 05

GroupFC - thanks, that seems to have done the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…