Problem Installing software

Garb 14:50 09 May 05

Running XP pro on two m/c s.
I try to install MS Autoroute Europe 2000 on both machines. On one machine it installs OK but on the other machine when I try to run the install file I get the following message.

C/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NT The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications. Choose CLOSE to terminate the application.

Unfortunately the one I can't install on is my main m/c. The other is a much slower P3 with a small hard drive capacity.
Have had this message once before with some obscure free soft ware.

Any ideas why the message on one and not the other?

Diodorus Siculus 15:25 09 May 05

click here
Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program

GroupFC 16:05 09 May 05

VOg would be the man because I think you need Xp fix.exe and he is the one who always posts the link (I have it at home but not on this machine!).

Have a look at the postings here click here and this click here

Garb 16:20 09 May 05

Thanks for that, I should have looked a bit harder in the previous threads, although I did think it rather an obscure fault to be there already. All installed OK now.

GroupFC 16:23 09 May 05

Glad to be of service - you'd be surprised how many times this has come up in these pages!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch