Problem Installing software

Garb 14:50 09 May 05

Running XP pro on two m/c s.
I try to install MS Autoroute Europe 2000 on both machines. On one machine it installs OK but on the other machine when I try to run the install file I get the following message.

C/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NT The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications. Choose CLOSE to terminate the application.

Unfortunately the one I can't install on is my main m/c. The other is a much slower P3 with a small hard drive capacity.
Have had this message once before with some obscure free soft ware.

Any ideas why the message on one and not the other?

Diodorus Siculus 15:25 09 May 05

click here
Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program

GroupFC 16:05 09 May 05

VOg would be the man because I think you need Xp fix.exe and he is the one who always posts the link (I have it at home but not on this machine!).

Have a look at the postings here click here and this click here

Garb 16:20 09 May 05

Thanks for that, I should have looked a bit harder in the previous threads, although I did think it rather an obscure fault to be there already. All installed OK now.

GroupFC 16:23 09 May 05

Glad to be of service - you'd be surprised how many times this has come up in these pages!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…