Problem installing sata hdd.

Bowsprit 23:48 05 Jul 04

Is there some special way to install these drives as i've been having no luck.I've disconnected the other ide drives and used all the Maxtor software to format and partition but the bioc can't see the drive.When booting the drive is recognized in the section that forms raid array.

hillybilly 00:01 06 Jul 04

What o/s are you using?

Bowsprit 00:06 06 Jul 04

THE TERMINATOR 00:17 06 Jul 04

is your drive settings in your BIOS set to AUTO, check this and set it to the above....TT

hillybilly 00:46 06 Jul 04

As you install xp you are pressing the F6 function key to then load your sata drivers?

Bowsprit 00:56 06 Jul 04

Tried that and manually put in drive details in bios and changed drive lead to other socket on motherboard.The Maxblast software can't see drive so i think it's back to Ebuyer.

hillybilly 01:00 06 Jul 04

Pity, but it sounds like a good move, please post the result if you get it changed.

Bowsprit 01:02 06 Jul 04

OK and thanks.

son-of-a-gun 08:35 06 Jul 04

Are you sure you have the correct floppy disk to insert at the F6 screen.

My PC is around 4 months old, reputable make, I had the same problem your having.

The floppy supplied was for a promise controller which could not see the SATA in the end after a lot of faffing about I used VIA which did work
but it is very confusing setting these up compared bog standard drives.
This may help, it did help me but it took a lot of time I'm hondo in this thread

son-of-a-gun 09:00 06 Jul 04

Sorry Bowsprit
I forgot the links I require a mental memory upgrade.

click here

click here

Bowsprit 09:12 06 Jul 04

Just put another cable and going to try WD site again i think there is one more download i could try.Will give your links a go shortly.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…