Problem installing Saitek software with setup.exe

Zerogravity 20:29 18 May 08

I am trying to install the drivers for Saitek SST programming for my Saitek Cyborg keyboard.
First thing it did say is that I had to update the .NET Runtime to version 2.0. So I've downloaded and installed the .NET Framework version 2.00 and tried again.
As soon as the CD was in, it said it will uninstall the previous Saitek software, then it had gone to say that " setup.exe has encountered a problem and need to close".
I did go further than that on one of my previous attempts, but I got stuck when I had reached the stage where it was asking me to plug in the hardware device I wanted to use eith the software. The keyboard was already plugged in and functioning with the window install wizard (or whatever it is called). And the next option wouldn't be working until I've plugged the keyboard in. But since then, I have the "setup.exe problem" coming up and can't go any further.
Then I've downloaded the software from the Saitek website, but when it is time to install the files it does the same thing.
The keyboard is functioning properly, except that I cannot program the hotkeys because I find impossible to install the software.
What is the problem that prevent me to install the Saitek software, and why does it tells me that there is a problem with the setup.exe? Does the problem reside with the .NET Framework?

mrwoowoo 20:44 18 May 08

If you are using vista,try disabling your UAC whilst you install it.
Had a similar prob with my Saitek rumble pad.
The cd did the same as it is with you,although i was able to install it from their website?

Zerogravity 21:03 18 May 08

I am using window XP home. And no, it doesn't work even if I download the software from their website. I did find something, I don't know if it's relevant to the problem :

click here

so I don't know if the problem comes with using this keyboard with WinXP?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…