Problem Installing Programmes

spuds 14:55 20 Jul 04

My computer developed a problem a couple of weeks ago, and it seemed as though it corrected itself. Today the problem as returned, with even more chaos. Help and advice very welcome.

I try to download programmes from a cd or internet, and the wizard states that the programme as been installed okay.But the add/remove or files the programmes do not seem to have registered, so I am unable to use them. If a programmes doe's seem to install, and it displays an icon on the monitor screen, I attempt to activate the programme from the icon, with a failed response. Sometimes the programme will activate later on, whilst I am using the computer.

All a bit like cremlins in the system. I have run adaware,spybot,spyware blaster,spy sweeper,trojan hunter,Avg etc, and all are coming back as no problems found.

I am now looking at re-installing my XP Home over the original.Before doing so, I would appreciate further advice.

The problem is getting to: Computer=Sledgehammer.

MichelleC 15:39 20 Jul 04

I had this prob, but only with M$ progs. In the end I used M$ Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, so maybe worth trying click here;en-us;290301

MichelleC 15:41 20 Jul 04

Why is it hard to post M$ links on this site

http:// support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

take out space after //

spuds 15:55 20 Jul 04

Thanks for the info. Have downloaded the programme and print-out. Hope that the download as downloaded,if so I will do as suggested.

I know what you mean about the Microsoft link.

GaT7 16:24 20 Jul 04

The Forum's 'click here' doesn't like ; (semi-colons & some other characters.)

Post them in this format & they'll be OK -click here (i.e., same as the above link).

Also, you can use click here.

[The above info by VoG & Powerless - see click here]

HTH, : ) G

MichelleC 18:23 20 Jul 04

Thanks Crossbow7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac