Problem installing printer software

FatboySlim71 23:25 07 Oct 04

I have have had to re install Windows XP,I have downloaded service pack 2.the problem I am having is that I need to install the software for my printer,but when I insert the cd nothing happens,when I go into my computer and right click on the cd drive and select autoplay from the menu nothing happens.I have installed the software before has I have had the printer 12 months.I have tried going into the cd and have tried to install various parts of the installation from the files I have accessed,my printer will print text etc,but my printer is an all in one and when I press the scan button nothing happens where as before doing this would start the printer to scan,also when you start to print something it brings a window up for printer preferences which used to show how much ink was in each cartridge and now that is not shown.

anchor 09:23 08 Oct 04

A problem in installing printer drivers after updating to XP-SP2 has recently been reported in the Langalist. Check the printer makers site to see if a patch has been released.

This is not the only problem reported with SP2; have a look at the MS site report.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…