problem installing printer driver

pc mad 20:22 22 May 03

hi, wonder if any one can advise me on this problem, i am trying to install the driver for my printer, i put the driver cd rom in to my drive, click to install, the installation shield is prepared then the following message comes up "set up has determined that the spooler service is stopped, in order to continue installation it must be started, do you want the spooler service started now" i click yes to start it and nothing happens, my os is xp pro can any one help me please,

jolorna 20:42 22 May 03

hi if you go to control panel / printers & faxes then add new printer then look for your printer model and use that

Djohn 20:47 22 May 03

If your printer is a USB connection, then remove from PC before installing software. Once the software, (Driver) has been installed, connect the printer. J.

pc mad 21:16 22 May 03

hi, i tried installing the software with out the printer connected , still wouldnt install, also went to printers&faxes clicked on add printer, error came up "operation could not be completed"

Djohn 21:23 22 May 03

What is the make/model of printer please?

jolorna 21:24 22 May 03

which make and model printer is it also is it usb or lpt1

pc mad 21:25 22 May 03

my printer is a lexmark z25

pc mad 21:31 22 May 03

its usb

Djohn 21:37 22 May 03

advice at 20:42, remove the printer software from there. Re-boot and try to run the software again, don't connect the printer though until the driver is successfully installed. J.

jolorna 22:12 22 May 03
  pc mad 22:15 22 May 03

hi i tried uninstalling and realinstalling the software with out the printer connected and still wont work, if i look in device manager and click on usb controllers,i see listed universal host controller, usb root hud & usb printing support if i click on this in location i see listed inkjet colour printer and that the device is working propley, is this the driver for my printer? if i open up the internet and click print it says i need to install a printer before i can perform a printer related task, im confused now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…