Problem installing Norton Internet Security update

Pine Man 17:02 29 Jun 05

I am running NIS 2004 and for the last couple of days a URL Update has been available in a file measuring 1741.4kb

The file appears to download ok and then takes a long time to install which it then confirms has been installed.

The next time I check for updates the same one is still waiting for me and I have tried to download and install it several times now without any joy.

Any 'experts' out there with the same problem who have found the answer?

Don't all you anti-Symantecs out there tell me to uninstall it and use a freebie, I'm very happy with NIS so far!

Pine Man 19:19 29 Jun 05

I have just checked symantec with liveupdate again and the URL update was still their as well as a virus definition update. I tried to download and instal both and appeared to have succeeded. When I checked liveupdate again I find that the virus definitions have been installed but not the URL update.

mattyc_92 19:31 29 Jun 05

Hav you tried uninstalling and re-installing (you will have to download ALL updates again)?

sattman 19:36 29 Jun 05

Very occasionally the live update causes problems, try updating from the Symantec site.

click here

Pine Man 11:02 01 Jul 05

This is a Symantec problem. The update that was issued was corrupt and has now been removed and will be reissued.

Pine Man 11:03 01 Jul 05

This is a Symantec problem. The update that was issued was corrupt and has now been removed and will be reissued.

Pine Man 11:03 01 Jul 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…