Problem installing Norton internet security 2004

MCC174 22:46 28 Feb 04

When i try to install it tells me that windows installer needs NISFE.msi file

Derek 06:07 29 Feb 04

Go to the Norton website and search Troubleshooting by inserting the file name. My experience is that you are likely to get a lot of help from various sources but best help comes from Norton themselves. Indeed it's a complicated website to navigate but have patience and it will pay off.

gudgulf 06:58 29 Feb 04

Are you putting NIS 2004 as a clean install or as an upgrade to a previous version?

Lettervanman 07:39 29 Feb 04

Not that this is much help to you with your problem,but I have just downloaded an upgrade from 2002 to 2004 and all seems to be working fine!
There is a mass of information on the Symantic site

temp003 08:16 29 Feb 04

Have you got a previous version of NIS on your computer? If so, make sure you uninstall it first and restart before installing new version.

It's just that nisfe suggests Norton Internet Security Family Edition. NIS doesn't have a Family Edition since 2002.

If you do have previous version but have uninstalled it, try Norton's Removal Tool click here=

MCC174 22:20 29 Feb 04

Cheers everyone, it was an old file left over from norton 2002, i used the removal tool from the web site and everythings fine now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…