Problem installing new printer

Hetti 20:15 02 Mar 07

Just bought and installed Epson DX5000 all in one, when the installation was running it could not regognise the printer and gave me the option to skip that, and carry on with the rest of the install (which I did) but when I rebooted after installation I find printer is not listed in "Printers and faxes" the printer is not listed there, but the scanner has installed OK, maybe I will need to get in touch with Epson but will not be able to do so untill tomorrow so I though I would see if there are any ideas as to the problem?

woodchip 20:21 02 Mar 07

REmove it from Add Remove, also remove USB plug. Reboot computer, then load the CD setup do not plug the printer in until it starts searching for the printer, then plug it in

Hetti 08:32 03 Mar 07

woodchip Thanks
Tried suggestion, but same outcome. Hope to get sorted today when I ring Epson "ugh" it is a 0845 number so not too bad I suppose!
Thanks again for taking the time to help

hastelloy 08:38 03 Mar 07

Try 01952 607119 for Epson. I've had similar problems installing Epson printers but don't know what the answer is.

ICF 08:53 03 Mar 07

Have you downloaded the latest driver
click here

ICF 08:55 03 Mar 07

Hetti
When you did what Woodchip suggested did you after plugging in the USB cable turn on the printer?

Hetti 17:09 03 Mar 07

Thanks to all you who tried to help, it is sorted now and I feel stupid saying this but it was my anti-virus software that stopped the install, the thought did cross my mind but I thought as it was only one driver (printer) that would not install the scanner was OK, so I thought it was not likely to be that, but im not very technically minded so the possiblity would have occured to most of you without the need for a call to Epson LOL
So thanks and maybe this answer will help someone else!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant