Problem installing My Netgear RP614 Wireless route

julius44 21:13 21 Mar 07

Hello all i just purchased a DSL router from misco.co.uk....when i've put in the installation CD, it goes to IE7, and the following message appears: Some popup ad blocker and spyware blocker software prevents this from running. If u have installed pop or spyware blocker on this PC, disable these services until after u complete the router set up.

I have gone to internet options, and unticked block pop ups, but i'm still unabe to run the installation cd...pls help!!

mgmcc 23:13 21 Mar 07

You should be able to access the router's configuration pages simply by entering its IP address into your web browser. Netgear routers, depending on model, have the IP address 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

A router isn't *installed* in a computer, either as software or hardware, so the CD will only be running a setup wizard. With Cable broadband, just set its connection type to get its addresses automatically. On the Netgear's first "Basic Settings" page it asks if your Internet Connection Requires a Login. Set that to "No" and the default settings for the rest should be OK. You shouldn't need to configure anything else.

julius44 05:37 22 Mar 07

okay will give this a go, but first will i have to disconnect my internet connection??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…