Problem installing my hard drive

JamDaMan 23:35 13 Jun 04

I recently purchased a new samsung 40gb hard drive for additional storage on my PC. I set the jumpers correctly and connected up the hard drive. I then used the CMOS auto detect to detect the hard drive, which was sucessful. Its set to slave (i have another master disk drive) and appears to be installed. All that said, when i load windows and go to my computer the added drive isn't there. Can anyone help?
I have a Tiny computer, Windows Me, AMD Anthlon processor.
Thanks

I presume this is set as primary slave, have you tried setting it as secondary master/slave? Also have you formatted the drive?

VoG II 23:48 13 Jun 04

In think that you need to format the new disk.

Night Ryder 00:17 14 Jun 04

If the drive is recogniosed in BIOS, all you have to do is partition it. The Fdisk command will do this for you. When you load windows again the drive will appear but will now have to be formatted before you can use it.
You don't say which op system you are using. If it is win 2000 or XP, all you have to do is right click on the my computer icon on the desk top and select manage. Next select disk management from the list. If you have an un partitioned drive on the system, windows will recognise this and ask how you wish to partition and format.

JamDaMan 02:01 14 Jun 04

No i haven't formatted it yet, how would i go about doing this?

hugh-265156 02:16 14 Jun 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5