Problem installing MS Office 2007 SP1

xania 14:21 23 Aug 08

I have a XP Pro system with SP2 installed on my primary C:\ drive and MS Office 2007 in stalled on my F:\ programs drive. Spare space on each driuve is moer tha adequate. C:\ has 10.8 GB free and F:\ has 2.3 Gb free. Why do you think Office SP1 refuses to download and install via Microsoft Office Update, please? The download is shown as being 198562 KB.

xania 12:06 24 Aug 08

^

Pine Man 12:29 24 Aug 08

I don't know the answer but have you tried downloading the file from Microsoft's web site ? click here

Pine Man 12:32 24 Aug 08

..this info appears on Microsoft's site

Additional requirements:

To successfully install SP1, you must have Microsoft Installer 3.1 (MSI 3.1) or higher. For more information, including instructions for downloading MSI 3.1, please see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 942101.
To successfully install SP1, you will need more free hard disk space than the size of the patch itself. For more specific information about the space requirements, please see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 943589.

xania 13:38 24 Aug 08

Thanks. I will try these.

NB F:\ drive increased in size to 12.7 GB still did not work.

xania 15:09 24 Aug 08

The download page does not want to communmicate with me and I cannot get any joy out of the Windows update page either. Can only assume they have som eproblems so will hold back until later in the week and see what happens next.

xania 09:09 08 Sep 08

Have abandoned the whole process and will have to run either a full WIndows repair or, more likely given other problems, and complete reinstallation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5