Problem installing KB974571

alik17 23:17 29 Oct 09

My computer keeps downloading and installing KB974571 and KB975467. A restart is required. But, after restarting, the two updates are waiting again to be downloaded and installed.
Googling these updates shows lots of headings saying not to download them, but doesn't say how to stop them appearing.

I could switch off Windows Update, but don't want to miss any other important updates.

Thanks.

woodchip 23:56 29 Oct 09

Go to Control Panel\Security Center Turn off Automatic updates. If you look under start button you should see Windows Update Shortcut, use this to Update when you want, also choose custom when box pops up so you can download the ones you want. download all security Updates but the rest is up to you. I never download the Software Removal tool as it gave me problems a long time back, that I have not forgoten

birdface 08:58 30 Oct 09

Update them manually and when they show click on them one at a time and a box will open underneath it just tick the box to not show update again,.Do that with both and you should not be bothered with them again.

alik17 00:15 08 Nov 09

Thanks for the advice. Apologies for not replying sooner, but I was away all week.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…