Problem installing ipod as hardware

triflesterms 01:07 25 Oct 07

Hi

Ive just installed itunes & updated to latest version & connected my ipod to my pc & got following message- USB Device not recognised, ive tried installing the hardware manually but i get message saying device isnt working properly.
Im using Xp pro with only service pack 1 as i cant download service pack 2 as its a copied disc, could it be that i need service pack 2 to use latest itunes?
Hope someone can help?

Thanx

triflesterms 01:23 25 Oct 07

This is error message in more detail -

one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognise it.

^wave^ 08:24 25 Oct 07

try this
click here
could well be service pack 2 required

john bunyan 10:16 25 Oct 07

After latest ITunes update, I had the same problem as triflestems with granddaughters iPod Video. ^wave^ 's reference worked via My Computer and iPod Service Properties. However it now automatically syncs everything in all libraries, and I have yet to work out how to tell iTunes to only synch my granddaughter's play list, not her sister's.

triflesterms 20:06 25 Oct 07

Ive got hardware sorted now but since putting music on my ipod i have reformatted my hd, how do i get my ipod music to diplay in itunes?

Thanx

john bunyan 22:49 25 Oct 07

triflesterms. Before you formatted your HD, I assume you saved your "My Music" folder to other media auch as a DVD? Your library in iTunes is in the "My Music" folder. When you format a HD all data, etc is usually lost. I am not sure if music on the iPod can be clawed back onto the computer. Maybe if you connect the iPod without launching iTunes you could copy from the iPod's memory and paste into the HD library. Not sure if this works. There may be something in the iTunes help files on this.

ipod to pc
click here

^wave^ 16:59 29 Oct 07

try ilounge.com a really good site for all ipod stuff good tutorials on how to do stuff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…