Problem installing HP Photosmart all-in-one

Spr 13:41 29 May 08

I have downloaded & installed the drivers for my HP Photosmart C2780 All-in-one, from HP web site. but I still have a problem with my printer.

I have (so I thought) un-installed the drivers for it, when I go to use the Installation CD I am told there is
“A newer Version of this software is already installed on your HP Photosmart All-in-One Series Computer”

I have done a search for Photosmart All-in-One but I cannot find the file anywhere on my C:\Drive.

As my Computer is HP Media Center I am reluctant to delete any HP files I have come across.

Is there anyway for me to find this file?

Thank you

xania 14:46 29 May 08

Its best to allow the system to do the work for you. But first some questions.

How did you install the newer software? Did you follow the instruction for the new installation - in particular, whether to delete any existing software and whether to attach the hardware first or install the software first?

Also, when you realised this was not working, did you delete the downloaded version using add-remove software?

Spr 14:51 29 May 08

I downloaded file and let it installed itself.
Now I cannot find the downloaded file to delete it

ICF 15:02 29 May 08

As that the correct model number I can't find it on the HP website?

ICF 15:07 29 May 08

An unistall gide from HP site click here

Spr 15:23 29 May 08

Below is the site I used. I cannot find anything that refers to HP All-in-one in the Programs.

I have tried the uninstall web site but the problem is still there

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\HP Photosmart C7200 All-in-One Series -  Product Specifications .mht

ICF 16:21 29 May 08

Do a sysytem restore

Spr 16:38 29 May 08

System restore was one of the frist thing I tried.

Tried Control Panel uninstall but nothing seems to work.

xania 15:44 30 May 08

Please can you confirm the model number of the printer I cannot find C2780 - should that be C7280? click here

ICF 23:43 30 May 08

xania said:-
"Please can you confirm the model number of the printer I cannot find C2780 - should that be C7280?"

That's what I said on Thu, [email protected]:02 in my earlier post.

Spr 11:13 31 May 08

It is HP C7280, sorry had a very senior moment have to wear my glasses when checking

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…