Problem installing Game looks for scanner

forgotit 19:40 14 Apr 06

I have tried to install Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2001. However when clicked to install all I get is 'Epson Scanner cannot be started' Tried both CD Drives with same result.

have XP Home and everything else runs ok. Ran scans and no virus's shown.

Cheers
Mick

Totally-braindead 19:49 14 Apr 06

I don't see what this would have to do with it anyway but do you actually have an Epson scanner and if so is it already installed?

Totally-braindead 19:54 14 Apr 06

This might solve it click here*4i&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzEmcF9wcm9kcz03LDczNCw3NTAmcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0zLjc1MCZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

Totally-braindead 19:58 14 Apr 06

Something weird has happened to this posting on my computer at least. The link didn't work I'll cut and paste it for you.

Why does a different program install when trying to install Tiger Woods?

On some occasions when you try to install Tiger Woods PGA Tour a different program will attempt to install.This occurs when that other program did not clear its install components properly. To do this, please follow the instructions listed below.

To correct this:

1 - Go to Start Menu and select Run
2 - Type temp in the run field.
3 - Press CTRL-A and then Delete all the files
4 - Keep any System Folders that maybe in here. (Cookies, Temporary Internet Files, etc.)

Once this is done, please delete all of the setup related files. In order to do this, please perform the following step.

1 - Go to Start Menu and select Run
2 - Type %temp% in the run field.
3 - Press CTRL-A and then Delete all the setup files

Reboot your computer, and try installing the game again

woodchip 20:19 14 Apr 06

It's the Web address you posted that not gone fully Click Hear

Totally-braindead 20:27 14 Apr 06

woodchip is there any way I can cure it?

forgotit 20:44 14 Apr 06

Thanks for all the advice. Also unistalled the scanner and installed TW OK.
On running now get following Procedure Entry Point WAHENABLE NON IFS HANDLE SUPPOPRT NOT LOCATED IN THE DYNAMIC LINK LIBRAY WS2HELP.DLL

What a wonderful thing computers are!!

Cheers
Mick

Totally-braindead 20:46 14 Apr 06

Check the ea games website again under support and see if it says anything about this error message.

woodchip 20:47 14 Apr 06

Only by mailing FE

Totally-braindead 20:59 14 Apr 06

Thanks woodchip, forgotit, also see if theres any patches for the game since you've now got it installed.

forgotit 22:50 14 Apr 06

Will look a bit more over the weekend Totally brainded. Connection a bit slow at times this evening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…