//some 3rd party need geo

Problem installing digital camera

Glen 20:19 27 Aug 03

I bought an AIPTEK Pencam digital camera from Serif, but cannot install it as I do not have an Windows 98SE CD-ROM. The makers support line at click here sent me an email in German telling me to download a driver ?minicampen_vs1511.exe?. I have tried downloading both from the email link and from their website. The internet connection goes on and off and achieves nothing. I have tried with my AVG antivirus and Sygate Firewall enabled and disabled.
1. What am I doing wrong? When I try to download from the website a dialog page in German appears with radio buttons for two questions Yes or No. As I did not understand the German ,I tried both. It did not work.
2. I have three Packard Bell Master CDs (or rescue discs). Will I find any of the missing drivers or files on these? So far I have not dared to touch them.
3. The download seems to need Javascript. Can my computer handle this?

Glen

harry_b 20:45 27 Aug 03

your windows setup files should be on the hard drive, normally c:\windows\options\cabs for oem installations, when asked for the cd point it to this location for the windows files,(win98 or millenium only), not 100% about this but look at control panel, internet options, advanced for java settings.

jakedawe 20:56 27 Aug 03

If you go back to the Aiptek page and choose your Model on the left (you did not state which model) then scroll down the page that opens until you get to "Treiber" ie Driver then click on "Download" you should get the driver.

jakedawe 21:02 27 Aug 03

PS. you can click on "Nein" to both questions they are asking if you want to be informed of Updates to the drivers and if you want info about new products. Just click on "zum download" and on the next window click on the blue clickable link.

jakedawe 21:05 27 Aug 03

Alternatively, let me know which model it is and I will download it and emaail it to you.

Glen 20:17 28 Aug 03
  jakedawe 20:36 28 Aug 03

Sent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…