Problem installing a digicam on XP

Keith B 19:20 02 Jan 03
  Keith B 19:20 02 Jan 03

Trying to install a Fujifilm FinePix A303 on my computer running XP. Inserting the Fuji CD brings up a message that USBSTOR.SYS is needed and to insert the XP Home Edition CD which then gives a Copy Error.
Also tried using the Add New Hardware Wizard but basically I get the same result. Also tried copying the XP CD to the hard drive and using that as the path to find USBSTOR but to no avail.

Any help will be much appreciated!

eccomputers 19:43 02 Jan 03

I would visit their website and see if they have later software. It may be a known issue and they may have a fix for it.

eccomputers 19:47 02 Jan 03

Looking here click here
there doesnt seem to be an xp driver, but there is a 2000 one. I would try downloading this into xp and see if it works.

graham 19:53 02 Jan 03

I often see folks having problems installing digital cameras, my answer is to use a card reader, as connecting one complicated machine to another can cause problems.

rickf 20:19 02 Jan 03

I agree with Graham. I can use both but have found using the card reader a much more convenient exercise.

roy 20:22 02 Jan 03

Have you tried just connecting to the pc without installing any software. (by usb cable) It worked ok for me with a Fujifilm Finepix 4700.
It shows a removable drive in 'My Computer' and I can copy my pics from it.

Keith B 14:11 03 Jan 03

Many thanks for your help. I looked at the Fuji site originally and made a wrong assumption but now I've downloaded a couple of drivers to try. Also the card reader is next on my list but having spent a bit more than I intended on the camera with my wife by my side I didn't want to push my luck!
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…