Problem with installing CCleaner

carper 10:33 09 Oct 09

Hi. I have run ccleaner without problem for many years but have suddenly run into a problem with the latest update. When I download I get the message to download to a different file as there is an unknown error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the end result is the same Any help appreciated.
Regards Carper

jimv7 10:50 09 Oct 09

Try downloading from filehippo click here

carper 12:33 09 Oct 09

Thanks for that, I always download updates from File Hippo Carper

mfletch 19:56 09 Oct 09

I get the message to download to a different file

Where are you downloading it too.

Click on the latest version on filehippo and save the download to your documents then double click the download and run it.

Is this what you have been doing??

carper 13:12 10 Oct 09

Thanks mfletch. I have not been able to find details of where I can download to. Can you please give me some instructions on how to alter it. Regards Carper

mfletch 16:25 10 Oct 09

When you click on the download the latest version on the filehippo site a box will show and say save or run

Click on save then another box will open giving you options on where you want to save the download,

At the top of this box will be your name click on the little arrows and more options will show

Hope this helps

carper 19:25 10 Oct 09

Thanks for your instructions, but for some reason the second box giving me the opportunity of where to save it does not appear. All I get is the same error notice. Carper

mfletch 19:28 10 Oct 09

What browser are you using

eg/ IE OR Firefoox etc

carper 12:43 11 Oct 09

Using Firefox which I have used for a good few years. Carper

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:26 11 Oct 09

Firefox - Tools - options - Main tab - Downloads, tick show downloads.. , tick close download box

you can also use this scren to specify where your downloads go , I have "always ask" ticked.

Andsome 13:45 11 Oct 09

Why not uninstall it, and then reinstall iy from a fresh download off the internet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant