Problem with Installation on a new hard drive

Muslimat79 19:26 09 Apr 03

Hi everyone,
I've just assembled a new pc with all components new. Everything worked fine to the time installation was neccessary. I put in the bootup disk for Windows XP and everything was working fine until the last disk #6 which brought out a blue screen with some problems. I tried it second time and the same problems keep coming up. I've heard people called this "Blue Screen Problem" but I don't know how I can get over it.

Could you please tell me exactly what I can do to make my new computer works. Thanks a lot.

woodchip 19:45 09 Apr 03

It would be a good idea to post the error

jimv7 19:47 09 Apr 03

fdisk the drive first, and boot from the xp cd.

spikeychris 19:52 09 Apr 03

Disk number 6?, these I take it are floppies. If so I would respectfully avoid an Fdisk. Post the error message.

Chris

barrie_g 19:58 09 Apr 03

I would boot from cd and format the drive during setup

Muslimat79 21:50 09 Apr 03

Yeah. They are floppies. The Blue screen will display that "If this is the fist time you're seeing this message, restart your computer. Otherwise, check for a new hardware you just added. Everthing seems working only when I got to this stage, the problem comes up.

Please Help me. Where can I find a FORMAT.COM for DOS. I've created a DOS floppy system startup disk but with no FORMAT.COM. In fact, I had to copy FDISK.EXE to the floppy disk.

Please your urgent help will highly be needed. I don't have a nice computer working with now. The one I'm using is life-come back from hell.

woodchip 22:06 09 Apr 03

Go into CMOS settup when you start your computer set it so it looks for the CDrom as first boot device then start with the XP CD not floppy

Rtus 22:32 09 Apr 03

Is this a recovery Cd disc from a previous system ?? your trying to install on the new unit...

nurn 22:39 09 Apr 03

enter bios and change cdrom to first boot up device turn off computer making sure your xp cd is in the drive then on restarting your computer watch out for boot from cd in post press enter this should then format your h/d after a couple a questions and then install o/s for you if all new bit format with ntfs

pj123 22:48 09 Apr 03

I don't understand this one at all. I feel like a piece of MDF. Am I reading it right? Win XP on floppies??

Muslimat79 01:23 10 Apr 03

Thanks everyone, I tried exactly what everyone has been saying but this so called blue screen keeps coming up. Here's the message that came up in blue scree.

*** STOP: 0X0000000D1 (0X34BFE7D4, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xBFC65A28), DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

This is the message that came. Infact, the one that I can't really understand. Other are saying something about installing new hardware. And to be honest most of the things I have there are new except the following:

1 hard drive out of two
zip drive
dvd rom drive
floppy drive
Sound card
TV card

The rest are new:
Mainboard
3 Memory modules
120GB HDD
128MB Graphic cards
Liteon 52x24x52 CD/RW
and some hard bundled together with the mainboard which have actually occupied the remaining PCI space.

Please help me out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…