Problem importing Outlook Express Address Book

freaky 18:51 09 Mar 05

I wanted to import the Address Book from my Wifes old PC which used Windows ME, to her new PC which has Win XP (SP2).

I exported the Address Book to a 3.5 floppy. The File is shown on this disc as: -

"Address Book Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Files" It is 7kb and is contained in a White Box with a large X in the top left and a little 'a'in the centre. I presume this reprsents an Excel File.

Anyway, I put this disc in the new PC, then opened Outlook Express and clicked Import, then Address Book. I then directed Windows to look in the 3.5 floopy disc. The floppy appeared but the above file was not showing!

I then copied the Address Book file from the floppy to the Desktop, then tried to import it from there but still no good!

I have opened this file and all her addresses are shown on it.

Would be grateful to know what is wrong ?

VoG II 18:58 09 Mar 05

On your old PC open OE and go to File < Export < Address Book, select Text File (comma separated value), give it a name and nominate a destination folder (floppy disk).

Copy the "*.csv" file across to the new PC then go to File < Import < Other Address Book < Text File (comma separated value).

freaky 20:58 09 Mar 05

Many thanks for your post, the problem has now been solved.

It did not work exactly as you stated, but nevertheless it worked!

Many thanks again,

freaky

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…