Problem with images

Ade_1 18:24 16 Feb 06

I have a small problem with my images on the site i have created (i cut out the background so that it was invisulbe background). When viewed on IE they have a blue background yet when they are viewed on Firefox they have invisible backgrounds. But when the site is viewed on Firefox the problem is, is that the banner doesnt fit correctly but it does on IE. Any ideas?

beynac 19:00 16 Feb 06

I would be happy to have a look if you post a link to your site.

Ade_1 19:17 16 Feb 06

wel its not the best of sites , i created it fro someone i know, but its my first go...
click here

Ade_1 19:23 16 Feb 06

just to add im nipping away from the comptuer but if you need any info let me know and i will rpely asap

beynac 19:55 16 Feb 06

The banner looks OK to me in Firefox. I don't understand the problem with the images. IE and Firefox are treating the transparency in different ways. I'll continue to try to find out why.

beynac 20:09 16 Feb 06

If you save the images as 'gif' instead of 'png', and reset the transparency, it seems to work.

Ade_1 20:38 16 Feb 06

the problem in firefox is that the banner is duplicating and you can see the start of another one on some pages.

Im guessing you know what im talking about with the images in IE, how thye seem to have a lgiht blue background

Ade_1 20:41 16 Feb 06

The images seem to be ok now, it may have been the comptuer i looked at it on. Sorry about that.

PurplePenny 22:05 16 Feb 06

I'm seeing backgrounds to some of the images that are transparent in Firefox (the teddybear has a pink background). IE6 has problems with png transparency if I recall correctly. I think that it was one of the things that people asked the IE7 dev team to correct.

BTW - you haven't set a background colour for the page, it is my system default colour on IE, not white.

beynac 22:39 16 Feb 06

The images are not OK - it's not the computer. If you re-save them as gif's, as I suggested, they will show correctly. As Penny says, IE has problems with png transparency.

beynac 22:50 16 Feb 06

All of the pictures in 'gif' format are OK - all of the 'png' format pictures show the IE default background colour.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced