Problem with HP2000c / Win 2K pro / Word 2000

Derick 13:56 23 Mar 03

(Sorry! I posted this in error to another thread. )
I have recently rebuilt me desktop PC and installed Win2000 Pro, and Office 2000. Since then, I've experienced intermittent problems with printing (mainly graphics files / with 512 Mg RAM and a 2.1 Gig processor).
The problem arises when (usually the first) printing prints a few passes at the top of the page, then ejects. Also, the handling of frames which was fine with Win95SE an dWord 95, is fine on screen preview, but totally chaotic when printed.

Has anyone a solution please. The latest download driver that I've been able to locate from HP doesn't appear to solve the problem adequately. Thanks Derick

recap 14:01 23 Mar 03

Does the printer do a test page OK?

Is the page setup correct, is it defaulting to A4 and not anything else?

Try changing the printer cable.

If it's a USB check the USB controller is working correctly.

Derick 14:11 23 Mar 03

Thanks for your instantaneous response.

* The test page appears to print fine every time.

* The page setup was defaulting to US "Letter" size in Word and other programmes, but I correct it manually.

* I haven't tried changing the printer cable, but will do so. Haven't had this problem when using another desktop running Win98SE and linked to the Win2K / Word 2K machine through a Belkin USB connection.

* The HP2000C has only a parallel interface.

I'm pretty sure it's down to an unsatisfactory Win2K driver / sache/buffer incompatibility.
Derick

recap 14:39 23 Mar 03

Does the test page give a port number?

If so, is this the one in your printer properties port settings?

Derick 23:14 23 Mar 03

Thanks again for your further suggestion, Recap. I haven't access to my desktop PC at present, but will check port details (if listed on test print, an dlet you know.
Cheers
Derick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…