Problem with HP C4280 all in one printer

Woodlane 12:03 20 Feb 08

I bought an HP computer and the C4280 Photosmart printer. The operating system is Vista Home premium. The printer installed easily but thereafter almost every time I start up the computer the message comes up that the printer needs installing and to insert the installation CD. This usually results in having more than one printer installed and you have to make sure that the correct one is the default printer.
I am told by a friend that he has heard of this being a known bug and probably the result of incompatibility with Vista. This is quite likely as my last computer with XP worked well with an older version of my printer, which, once installed carried on without any problem.
Is there any way around the situation? Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't fix it.

PO79 15:56 20 Feb 08

I checked the specs for this and it states its vista compatible. I don' know if you have yhr latest software and drivers but you can get them from click here hope this helps.

Woodlane 16:28 20 Feb 08

Thank you. I feel sure i do have the appropriate drivers. Computer and printer were bought together and the installation CD mentions Vista. However it has been suggested that they adapted the software for Vista and perhaps not completely successfully. The annoying thing is that the installation works and the printer behaves and then the next time you start up you are told that you have to do it again. Then you have the printer and a "copy". It is annoying. I will have a look at what you mention however.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…