Problem with Hotmail not opening properly

laptopdunce 19:48 24 Dec 13

I have just installed i.e.9 (after a long rigmarole) and 5 pages of instructions, I dont think this is related to the ie9 but now when I go into hotmail.com and try to open my hotmail emails I get jsut a plain blank page (after logging in with password) in the top left corner it just says

rdave13 21:09 24 Dec 13

I can't help much as when I go to the Outlook.com page I'm already signed in. All I can suggest is try logging in from the MSN page, link, you'll see the Outlook.com icon near the weather icon in blue.

laptopdunce 22:47 24 Dec 13

I just use www.hotmail.com as the url to open hotmail and click on the outlook icon at the top right to get into hotmail and this is what happens on both my hotmail email addresses, it doesnt seem to matter which way I got into hotmail I can use www.msn.nl or www.msn.de for the Dutch and German versions but still I am getting this strange blank page once logged into hotmail, but it comes straight to the inbox when using the chrome browser, so it seems strange its only happening on the i.e. browser. thnaks laptopdunce

Woolwell 23:01 24 Dec 13

Do you have Silverlight installed?

laptopdunce 20:01 26 Dec 13

cant post a reply, keep getting server error

laptopdunce 20:02 26 Dec 13

Pain in the a**e this, I keep getting server error if I try to post a reply dont know if I have silverlight on the hotmail, its working fine on chrome but not on ie9

iscanut 20:57 26 Dec 13

If I use any of the following URL's, they all take me to the login page for Hotmail

www.live.com www.outlook.com www.hotmail.com www.hotmail.co.uk

Try them and see what happens and YES, I got the "unable to connect " message just now, so it's not you !

iscanut 20:58 26 Dec 13

If I use any of the following URL's, they all take me to the login page for Hotmail

www.live.com www.outlook.com www.hotmail.com www.hotmail.co.uk

Try them and see what happens and YES, I got the "unable to connect " message just now, so it's not you !

iscanut 21:08 26 Dec 13

Sorry about duplication, it's this site, as you do not know if message sent or not sometimes when these unable to connect problems occur. Sorry also about lack of spacing between each URL.

laptopdunce 09:37 27 Dec 13

OK, I can get into hotmail fine, I get in with www.msn.nl or www.hotmail.com or www.hotmail.co.uk or any permutation but its when I have actually logged in with my username and password that I get this white blank page with the strange text, this only happens on my Vista laptop that I have just upgraded to ie9 - after a nightmare kafka-esque runaround for over 7 days, see previous post. But when I log in on the vista laptop with chrome browser all is fine, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

iscanut 11:12 27 Dec 13

I don't and have never bothered with IE but have always used Firefox & Chrome which have never given any trouble.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5