problem with hotmail

dtw 11:26 26 Apr 07

every time I make my hot mail to people I know, it changes back after I have closed it, to everybody. How can I stop three big computer retailers sending me advertising that I don't want.
DTW

Jack Hackett 11:36 26 Apr 07

every time I make my hot mail to people I know, it changes back after I have closed it, to everybody.

Im unsure what you are trying to explain

How can I stop three big computer retailers sending me advertising that I don't want.

If you have subscribed to receive communication from these companies then simply Unsubscribe from their mailing lists

MAJ 11:39 26 Apr 07

I have no idea what your first sentence means, but to cure the second problem of "big computer retailers sending me advertising that I don't want", set up a filter in Hotmail to do that. Click 'Options' then the 'Mail' button on the left of the screen, choose either the 'Junk E-mail Protection' option, or the 'Custom Filter' option.

MAJ 11:40 26 Apr 07

Don't Unsubscribe from their mailing lists, that will only serve to prove that your email address is active.

dtw 11:44 26 Apr 07

I have never subscribed to these companies, I don't know how they got my address, and I prefer to accept Es from people I know, not every body

Jack Hackett 11:46 26 Apr 07

Don't Unsubscribe from their mailing lists, that will only serve to prove that your email address is active.

If they are SPAM messages I totally agree.
But for legitimate mail that you have signed up for then the unsubscribe option can be used.

MAJ 11:52 26 Apr 07

They GOT your address in the same way as they will GIVE your address, by you clicking on some email to either 'unsubscribe' or stop further emails, it just proves your address is active and it's sold on. Use the filter options I described.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…