Problem with Googlemail lost login name and password

old6x 17:17 PM 02 Jan 12

I have been on gmail for a three or for years but I suddenly lost my password and very difficult to reply to all the questions gmail want answered, eg 5 Regular contacts, when did I first start gmail, 5 regular email addresses I use and many "deeper" questions. The depth that google have gone to goes beyond normal security. Can anybody please. I'm at my wits end!!

lotvic 17:42 PM 02 Jan 12

Can you tell us how/in what circumstances you 'suddenly lost' your password? It may still be on your pc somewhere (though hidden from you) and we might be able to help you recover it.

Most people write down their passwords etc using pen and paper and keep it safe for just this sort of occasion.

What O/S are you using? (XP, Vista, W7)

What email client on your pc? (Outlook Express, Windows Mail etc.)

Or are you using gmail Webmail only? (via your browser Firefox, IE8/9 or other)

rdave13 17:43 PM 02 Jan 12

When you created your account with Gmail did you use another mail service so they could send you a verification code should you be in this position? I'm sure it was automatic that you needed to do this.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…