Problem getting Tiscali.co.uk home page

Killo Bite 13:36 19 Sep 07

Friend of family is having nightmare problems with being unable to get click here Home Page. Every other web page they go to bbc, hmv, online banking no problem but Tiscali no server found. I like in different part of county and on a different exchange to them.

The temp internet files, cookies, history all been cleaned out and home page for tiscalli is correct. Any sugestions why Tiscali home page may come up as server not found ?

JanetO 14:49 19 Sep 07

Have a look in the 'hosts' file/folder to see if it's been inadvertantly barred.

johnnyrocker 15:19 19 Sep 07

probably of no help but your link works ok here does it your end? ( may help to do some elimination )

johnny.

norman47 15:23 19 Sep 07

if they connect via a router, try turning off the router and retrying.

birdface 15:26 19 Sep 07

Make sure that it is enabled in Add-Ons.Or it may be a Firewall problem,What Firewall does your friend have.Maybe turning the Firewall off temporary and see if it works Ok then.

birdface 15:34 19 Sep 07

See if they can get this one.click here it's a little bit different.

Killo Bite 19:42 19 Sep 07

johnnyrocker, it is not my machine the problem is on its on a friends machine running XP SP2.
norman47 will try that, buteman will try item 1 and call him with the other website Thanks all back tomorow night as I am calling on him Thursday.

johnnyrocker 23:30 19 Sep 07

i appreciate that but was purely asking the question out of elimination process.

johnny.

Killo Bite 00:37 20 Sep 07

sorry read it wrong. When ever I try their home page tiscali.co.uk its fine but friend's wife also has a laptop and the same happens on the laptop.

He has contacted Tiscal about it and said everything is fine. It started working for a session then has gone again. I don't know if this would be the cause but I think his broadband speed mbps is very low I have seen it at 677kbps and then 1.5Mbps hes now using a Belkin router and has finnaly listened to me to put a micro filter on his sky tv socket which was missing before.

With the Desktop and his other halves L/top both XP Home SP2 sounds strange and think its something in his house from tel connections to router end.

Killo Bite 00:38 20 Sep 07

Tried out a Adobe flash reader page like click here. and this came up ok so Adobe Flash is fine and Java is intact.

Killo Bite 23:45 20 Sep 07

left it for a few minutes and put the power back and walla! the web page worked ok and also on the laptop using a wirless connection.

Thing is why would this only effect just one webpage ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac