Problem getting T610 mobile to "see" PC

montyburns 19:09 19 Oct 03

or vice versa.

Using a bluetooth dongle, the software for which seems to get the two things seeing each other, but can't get the supplied Sony-Ericsson software to work

Anyone else tried this/got any ideas/or suggestions for thrid party software?

ANY help appreciated!

My old Nokia 7110 was great and communicated with some Data Becker software I had for it like a breeze. If it hadn't broken, I'd still be OK :-(

TheTerminator 19:28 19 Oct 03

i have got my dongle yesterday, but I can not get it to connect... I can see both other devices - computer and phone, but I can not connect...
really annoying!

TheTerminator 19:37 19 Oct 03

click here

i am downloading it now to see if it works. will let you knoww...

TheTerminator 19:55 19 Oct 03

have looked online for help but no real support is there..

davidg_richmond 20:51 19 Oct 03

Same problem here,Windows recognises the T610 I have, but the Sony Ericsson software doesn't. O2's supplied software CD has no problems and lets me connect to the net through GPRS no problem ( as I am doing now ).

Try an update of the software from the Sony site. I heard mutterings of communication problems regarding the T610 but I haven't found it to be a problem.

montyburns 21:27 19 Oct 03

I too have heard a few bad things about being able to connect to bluetooth, specifically headsets, and found this

click here

on expansys, where folks seem to be having no end of problems

I'll try the above link, ta Terminator!

montyburns 21:33 19 Oct 03

Oh, btw, if you have the T610, can you help with a "problem" I have with the phone?

With my Nokia, I could set up default recipients to receive texts, which meant once the text was written, I just needed to presses send, then confirm the number and it was gone, in two presses.

With the T610 once the text is done it's
1) Press continue
2) Prompted for number, choose lookup
3) Prompted phonebook, SIM entries or unsaved numbers - choose Phonebook
4) Prompted for Find - choose OK
5) Choose number
6) When number displayed, click to select
7) To (number chosen) choose send

Phew. NINE selections to get the number!!! Surely there must be a way round this?!

davidg_richmond 08:32 20 Oct 03

yeah it isa long way around. havent put any effort into finding any shortcuts yet tho, will let you know ifi find anything

Kate B 17:47 20 Oct 03

Glad it's not just me - I can't get the software to sync via Bluetooth to my contacts, either. But I don't have any problem sending individual documents such as pictures and midi files (as ringtones) from the PC to the T610. I think it's just a crappy interface.

montyburns 18:37 20 Oct 03

Keep looking for shortcuts PLEASE!!!

expansys site has lots of reads, but no helpful replies. Not like on here!!

Getting a bit brassed off with the T610. To be honest if the Nokia 7110 hadn't gone belly up, I'd've stuck with it (mono screen and mono ringtones and all!)

Texting is MUCH slower and more fiddly on the Ericsson and everything you do seems to need 10 times as many keystrokes!

Also the Nokia interfaced with the PC really easy - free cable and £9.99 Data Becker software from Lidl!

davidg_richmond 00:49 21 Oct 03

Nah I had a 7110 for 3 years before the t610 and wouldnt go back, the phone does so much more and im now used with the interface. coulnt find any shortcuts by the way!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…