problem with game cd

chrissy1 11:47 30 Jul 07
Answered

Wonder if anyone can help...yesterday i defragmented and disk error check....i have latest java installed.
My son bought a new copy of Football Manger but when he puts it in..a window comes up "Cannot locate CD-ROM"..and another saying "No Java runtime found on this system.....
Installshield wizard said "Verifying Java 1.4 then please select JVM by selecting its Java exe file..thats where i got lost!!!Do i have to reinstall Java 1.4???
Son played the game a couple of days before from a pevious cd of football manager without any probs..but had to buy a new one as it got a crack in it....He's dying to get his game up and running again so would be grateful for any help..

chrissy1 12:06 30 Jul 07

forgot to say..im on xp sp2....cant seem to remove football manager from add/remove either..

brundle 12:41 30 Jul 07

Get the latest Java here; click here

brundle 12:52 30 Jul 07

Sorry, you have the latest Java...is it a Sega game?
Is there a forum or FAQ on the net?

chrissy1 13:01 30 Jul 07

yes its a sega game..went into itunes and find i cant burn a cd either now.....

chrissy1 13:02 30 Jul 07

itunes keeps asking to insert a blank cd...which i did..but wont burn..just keeps on asking for a blank.

brundle 13:10 30 Jul 07

Can you still see the CD or DVD drive when you open `My Computer`?

chrissy1 16:10 30 Jul 07

Yes DVD-RW Drive (E)

chrissy1 19:43 23 Aug 07
Answer

Turned out to be faulty drive....fixed now...thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…