Problem with Frontpage form on my new website

erkmatrix 09:34 19 Jul 05

I have some webspace with a hosting company for one site built using frontpage and using a form to send results back to my email with results of customers orders, this works fine. I wanted another site to make paypal payment pages for a flash site I have so again I bought a domain name and used the add on domain feature at my web hosting company, I designed a front index page and individual payment pages that are going to be linked to my flash site.

Right now for the problem for some reason when I tried to test it and filled out the order form and click submit it flashes on a username and password box up. I don't know why this is, has completly baffled me and my hosting company.

Anyone have any ideas why this would happen, the form on my other site as I say done the exact same way works ok.

Forum Editor 18:50 19 Jul 05

is it the standard Windows server challenge - the type you see when you want to logon to a network?

You'll need to explain your system in more detail. As I understand it you have a site that's entirely Flash, and you want to send customer's payments from it to your PayPal account, is that right? For some reason you've bought a special domain name and set up yet another site to do this - why have you done that?

It sounds to me as if the form is submitting itself to a different server directory - one on which you don't have write permissions, so the server is issuing what we used to call an NT challenge, the type you get when you logon to a network workgroup.

Perhaps if you could give me a step-by-step explanation I'll be able to sort this out for you.

erkmatrix 09:31 21 Jul 05

Thanks Forum Editor

Found out now that its a problem with it being on a add on domain and forms from frontpage don't work with them, they need to be part of the main domain. Web Attention were great in helping me solve the problem and we've set it to now work using formmail.

Thanks anyway for you offering to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…