Problem formatting DVD's with InCD

Skeletor 16:59 31 Dec 04

First of all I'd like to wish all forum members a prosperous and happy new year, and many thanks for all the help you've given me over the last couple of years.

Now to my current problem.

I don't seem to be able to format DVD's using InCD. Whenever I try, the message appears 'Error writing the disc in F:\ Please confirm that the disc is compatible with the drive and is not scratched or damaged'. I know it's not the discs as up until two weeks ago they worked fine, also when using Nero 6 (verion 6603) to backup to DVD, that also works fine. I have tried everything: Uninstaling/reinstalling InCD (latest version 4305), I've used InCD Clean tool, System Restore, even uninstalling SP2, as the problem started about the time I Installed SP2, although that maybe just a coincidence. I know InCD had a Problem With a WMP7 plugin, does the same plugin exist in WMP10?

My burner is NEC ND2500A.

Any help much aprreciated.

ACOLYTE 17:03 31 Dec 04

Can you format a DVD? i know DVD/RW is that what u mean or just DVD-R.You can have multisession disc's DVD-R but if finalised there isnt a lot you can do after.

Skeletor 17:25 31 Dec 04

Hi ACOLYTE,

It is DVD+RW's (Packard Bell) that I'm having the problem with (I don't have any others to experiment with at the moment). As I said, these worked perfectly fine until a couple of weeks ago, and now I get the InCD error message.

Cheers

ACOLYTE 17:29 31 Dec 04

click here

does this help?

Skeletor 18:23 31 Dec 04

Thanks ACOLYTE,

Tried everything there, still no joy!

I am a bit confused about the suggestion to uninstall WMP 10 (I thought it was an integral part of XP)as the only option is to roll back to version 9...which I did, but I've no idea how to avoid the Adaptec Driver component being installed.

Cheers

ACOLYTE 18:35 31 Dec 04

WMP 10 is an upgrade not an integral part as for the Adaptec bit i think its installed with wmp 9 and 10,but having said that it still should allow the cd/rw to do its job.I would like to know how you reverted to wmp 9,as you may have not reverted the adapted codec as well just the player.Having said that i have wmp 10 with codec and although nero 5.5 i have no probs formating dvd/rw disc's.so can you check your player is supported by nero,and if there is an upgrade.

Skeletor 19:11 31 Dec 04

I reverted to WMP9 by removing it in Add/Remove in Control Panel but the only option was to roll back to 9 from 10. When I then reinstalled 10 there was no option to not install the Adaptec driver.

I can't find anywhere on the Nero site what burners they support, but anyway everything was working fine till a couple of weeks ago, so I guess that InCD, NEC 2500 and Packard Bell DVD's are fully compatible. It's something else that I've done, but the only thing I can think of is installing SP2, which I have now uninstalled because of this problem.

Hope this is all clear

Thanks for your patience

ACOLYTE 19:19 31 Dec 04

click here

this is what i found for supported drives with nero clcik the drop down list for Nec found 2100a but not 2500a.

Skeletor 19:30 31 Dec 04

Seems my searching ability is not much to write home about.

It also seems that the 2500a IS supported (14th up from 2100a)

Cheers

Skeletor 15:43 01 Jan 05

Last try before I reinstall XP.

If there's anyone out there without a hangover (or any masochists with) who might know the answer I'd be grateful.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…