Problem to format Vista

281apple 10:38 02 Dec 10

I need to format my hard disk, but when I start and press F8, I get a message asking for my name and password. I type my name in and then the password I always use to open Visita whenever I start up my laptop. The problem is that to format my hard disk, it does not accept my password and I don't remember having any other password. Can someone help me resolve this one please? Thanks

gengiscant 10:45 02 Dec 10

Are you trying to install a fresh copy of Vista on your PC/Laptop?

Ex plorer 10:52 02 Dec 10

Can you not set it back to factory settings.

I have a Samsung laptop and if I want to clear the HD I could go to start and then Samsung which gives me choices as to what I want to do.

You will then have to set the computer up again as if it were new.

281apple 10:52 02 Dec 10

I'm not sure what you mean by a fresh copy? I have a laptop for the past 18 months and for the first time I need to reformat my hard disk. I have two ways to do it. 1) Press repeadtely F8 when TOSHIBA comes up on the screen, or to use the CD's I copies from the laptop to reformat. In both cases it does not accept my password. Thanks for answering.

281apple 10:56 02 Dec 10

No, I can not set it back to factory settings and that is what I want to do. But, it does not accept the password I type in and it is the same password I use to open my laptop everytime I start up. I suppose I put in a different password for the laptop, but I don't remember. It does not work like your Samsum does. Thanks.

tullie 10:56 02 Dec 10

Using the cd,are you booting from the disc drive?Mine doesent ask for a password.

281apple 11:00 02 Dec 10

Yes booting from the disc drive like you.

281apple 11:02 02 Dec 10

Thanks everyone, but I have to sign out now, have to shut down my computer. If you have any other ideas, please send them and I'll pick them this evening.

Ex plorer 14:04 02 Dec 10

Hi when you are asked for your password leave it blank and continue.
Its worth a try.

Ex plorer 14:06 02 Dec 10

Should read
Hi when you are asked for your password and name leave it blank and continue.
Its worth a try.

281apple 18:10 02 Dec 10

I'll give a try tomorrow morning. I'll let you know. Who knows, it might work, but......? Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac