Problem to format Vista

281apple 10:38 02 Dec 10

I need to format my hard disk, but when I start and press F8, I get a message asking for my name and password. I type my name in and then the password I always use to open Visita whenever I start up my laptop. The problem is that to format my hard disk, it does not accept my password and I don't remember having any other password. Can someone help me resolve this one please? Thanks

gengiscant 10:45 02 Dec 10

Are you trying to install a fresh copy of Vista on your PC/Laptop?

Ex plorer 10:52 02 Dec 10

Can you not set it back to factory settings.

I have a Samsung laptop and if I want to clear the HD I could go to start and then Samsung which gives me choices as to what I want to do.

You will then have to set the computer up again as if it were new.

281apple 10:52 02 Dec 10

I'm not sure what you mean by a fresh copy? I have a laptop for the past 18 months and for the first time I need to reformat my hard disk. I have two ways to do it. 1) Press repeadtely F8 when TOSHIBA comes up on the screen, or to use the CD's I copies from the laptop to reformat. In both cases it does not accept my password. Thanks for answering.

281apple 10:56 02 Dec 10

No, I can not set it back to factory settings and that is what I want to do. But, it does not accept the password I type in and it is the same password I use to open my laptop everytime I start up. I suppose I put in a different password for the laptop, but I don't remember. It does not work like your Samsum does. Thanks.

tullie 10:56 02 Dec 10

Using the cd,are you booting from the disc drive?Mine doesent ask for a password.

281apple 11:00 02 Dec 10

Yes booting from the disc drive like you.

281apple 11:02 02 Dec 10

Thanks everyone, but I have to sign out now, have to shut down my computer. If you have any other ideas, please send them and I'll pick them this evening.

Ex plorer 14:04 02 Dec 10

Hi when you are asked for your password leave it blank and continue.
Its worth a try.

Ex plorer 14:06 02 Dec 10

Should read
Hi when you are asked for your password and name leave it blank and continue.
Its worth a try.

281apple 18:10 02 Dec 10

I'll give a try tomorrow morning. I'll let you know. Who knows, it might work, but......? Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…