problem with Flash player on internet bank website

earthlover 15:00 17 Jun 09

I started to log onto my banking website and a notice came up to say 'flash player not installed. FSO set is failed. Please install the flash player for device verification."

Never had any problems before. I dowloaded the latest Adobe Flash Player. Message then disappeared and all seemed ok. Today I went to log on again and saw same notice.

Checked in 'add remove programs' that adobe flash player is there, which it is. Also downloaded it again but still getting the same message on banking website.

I am not a techie person so would really appreciate if anyone knows why this may be happening. I have restarted computer too but no difference.

Thanks for any advice.

Clapton is God 15:30 17 Jun 09

Uninstall the old version using click here and then re-install

User-1229748 15:33 17 Jun 09

it may be worth getting in touch with your bank to see if they can shed any light on the problem.got to be a bit careful where banking is concerned.

lotvic 15:52 17 Jun 09

Which browser are you using?
If firefox then go to Tools > Add-ons > Plugins
on mine it's listed
'Shockwave Flash 10.0r22'
and also
'Shockwave for Director' Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.2

In Tools > Options > Security > click on Exceptions and
check that you have allowed adobe.com to install add-ons

Stuartli 15:59 17 Jun 09

There are two versions of Flash Player - one for IE and the other for Firefox etc.

You can download the correct version or both if necessary from:

click here

earthlover 17:16 17 Jun 09

Thanks everyone for your advice. I have contacted my bank and they are looking into the problem. I also uninstalled and re-insstalled the flash player and went back on the website and all seems ok again. Will check it out again later to see if the warning has come back.

Thanks again for your help guys!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced