Problem fitting new dvd drive in a Dell

lixdexik 17:48 01 Jan 07

A friend of mine needs to replace the DVD drive in his Dell desk top PC. We have removed one side cover but can't fathom how to remove any other covers or panels to access the mounting screws in the side of the existing drive.

Has anybody dismantled a Dell machine before and been able to get it back together? If so, what is the secret, as nothing seems obvious.

Cheers Lixdexik.

ed-0 17:50 01 Jan 07

dell optical drives are usually fitted into a removable caddy. What model number is the dell desktop?

ed-0 17:51 01 Jan 07

sorry that should read " a removable plastic cage" lol

ed-0 17:59 01 Jan 07

If you input the type and model number here click here

You will get the manuals to strip the case down, replace drives, etc for your mates model. On most Dells you have to take the front panel off the case to either remove the retaining screws or lever the plastic holding lugs.

lixdexik 17:59 01 Jan 07

Not sure about the model No, I will have to get back to you on that. but I will look at the caddy side of things and see if it will come out.

Cheers Lixdexik.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…