Problem finding my @ on NC10+internet connectivity

Zerogravity 13:16 28 Feb 09

I have bought a new Samsung NC10 netbook and I cannot type @. It was suggested that if you chose US keyboard version the @ won't work.
I might have followed the netbook advice to set the keyboard to US instead of UK.
I cannot find my way back to that option to change it to UK.When I click on Keyboard in control panel it doesn't give me the option to change it.
Where do I need to go to change the option from US to UK?
At the moment I connect to the internet with a dial up modem.
What is the best and cheapest option to connect to the internet on the move?

Quiller. 13:29 28 Feb 09

Try shift + 2 to get the @.

Or
Click 'Start'
Click 'Settings'
Click 'Control Panel'
Click 'Regional and language options'
Change both drop-down boxes to UK
Click 'Apply'
Click 'ok'

For mobile broadband use a usb dongle
click here

Quiller. 13:31 28 Feb 09

PAYG dongles

click here

Zerogravity 15:15 28 Feb 09

Both drop down boxes were set to English(uk). So I couldn't click apply. I had chosen another language to be able to go back to English UK and apply. That didn't work, but somehow I ended up
(I don't know how), to the Text Services and Input Languages, where I have chosen English (UK) in the drop down menu, then apply. And that worked. I have my @ back :-)
Thank you dave_1
For mobile broadband, pay as you go would be better, as I wouldn't be using my netbook on the move every day.
Which is the best company to be with for customer service and coverage?
Just out of curiosity, I am surprised that what's on offer cannot work abroad, so if I go and see some relatives in Spain, as they don't have any computers or wireless, I won't be able to connect, or will I have to pay for a Spanish dongle?
(Sorry, I know nothing about mobile connectivity).

Grey Goo 18:49 01 Mar 09

As an aside can you configure your Magic Keyboard software or is it all greyed out.

Zerogravity 21:35 01 Mar 09

Grey Goo
Yes I can configure Magic Keyboard, mine is not greyed out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…