problem finalising cds / dvds

luddite 20:55 23 Dec 04

Software Roxio easy cd 6
Operating System Windows XP

The problem is with both my cd and seperate dvd writers.

I have recently developed a problem when burning cds/dvds. When burning disc at once the software hangs for 30 seconds or so before finalising the dvd then shows the disc is complete but it shows there are the bytes remaining 13.1mb on audio cds and 92.7mb dvds. This is a new problem and I previously had no problem burning.

I have carried out a clean install of both Windows and Easy cd, but the problem persists. so I don't think it is a software problem.

I have recently installed a second hard disc and believe this is was the root of the problem. (I have tried disconnecting the second hard disc and the problem persists.)

Therefore I don't think the problem is with the individual components.

any ideas?

billyliv 00:47 24 Dec 04

Hi, Do the discs you have burnt play in a CD or DVD player?. If so, it is just one of the little glitches you have to live with. cheers, Bill

luddite 00:49 24 Dec 04

No the cds or dvds dont play in a stand alone players.

BRYNIT 01:02 24 Dec 04

Could be dirt on lens. I had a similar problem tried to copy files onto CD's & DVD's even though the buning stated complete the disks were not finished, thought I had a load of coasters. Bought a lens cleaning disk and was able to close all disks. Now have several back up disks.

ICF 07:07 24 Dec 04

What IDE channels do you have the CD/DVD & hard drives installed.?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…