Problem with Files & Settings Transfer Wizard

car nut 17:11 24 Mar 05

Hi

I've just got my new PC from Mesh (XP SP2)and I thought I'd transfer my old files using this wizard. The new PC doesn't come with an XP CD - it's pre-loaded.

So, I check the box to make a wizard disk to run on my old laptop and it says: "I want to create a wizard disk in the following drive:", but only gives me the option of Removable disk F,G,H or I.

There's no mention of Drive D which is the DVD/CD writer, which is what I want!

Any thoughts?

Thanks

freaky 18:44 24 Mar 05

Before you use the Files & Settings Transfer Wizard you will have to connect your Mesh to the Laptop. Your Mesh will have a Network connecter at the back of the System Unit. Hopefully your Laptop will have the same.....if so you will need to get a Network cable to connect the two PC's together.

Once you have done this, then reboot both PC's and leave them both on....then use the Wizard again.

VoG II 18:48 24 Mar 05

click here may help you.

car nut 19:31 24 Mar 05

According to the Wizard I should be able to create a wizard disk to run on my old computer, thereby obviating the need to connect them direct (I don't have an appropriate cable at present)by inserting a blank disc in the new computers drive and making a CD. PCA (april) seems to agree (p.162)

I wouldn't have to connect them then, surely?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…