problem with files on networking

I have just had my PC and Laptop networked together. Howeverwhen I want to work with my PC files i says " Word cannot save or create these files.Make sure that the disk is not full, write protected or damaged" . It seems all i can do is look at the files and not alter or add too them.

I have got my laptop and PC (Both on windowsXP)
networked .
I can see my PC files and open them but I cannot change them as I get the error "This file is read-only"
What have I missed out?

mgmcc 20:30 26 Dec 05

When you enabled the "Sharing" of certain folders, did you also tick the box to allow network users to change the files?

Yes I ticked the boxes but still have the problem

mgmcc 20:45 26 Dec 05

If the Word files are definitely not set as "Read Only", try disabling "sharing" on the folder, reboot for good measure and set up the "sharing" again. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to edit the files in the "local" PC and then save them back to the "remote" PC - I've just tested to see that it works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…