problem faxing

MICKY BOY 15:57 27 Nov 05

Hi All,

Have a problem sending faxes using my normal software (Venta Fax & Voice)
Have had Venta Fax & Voice for over a year know all was OK, but suddenly cannot send faxes.
Have contacted their support line over the last two weeks, they are as helpful as sore thumbs when trying to tie up your shoes.
Therefore, I have tried using XP fax facility as I have in the past. However, when I try to use it I have the same problem as Venta Fax & Voice, No answer from recipient.
When I go to All programs – Accessories – Communications – Fax – it shows greyed out and empty. Although when I print a fax from Word the fax monitor shows on the screen and goes though the normal procedure. However, no fax is sent.
My modem is a Smart link 56K modem. Firstly how can I test my modem as working OK. Secondly can you assist to re-install my XP fax facility and why is it greyed out.
Have you any other suggestions?

Frustrated Mick.

Stuartli 16:00 27 Nov 05

Reinstalling Fax Console.

Control Manager>Add/Remove Programs>Add/Remove Windows Components. You may need your XP disk handy.

MICKY BOY 16:10 27 Nov 05

Have already done this it shows that fax is already installed, any other advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…