problem with extended dos partition on hard drive

fan79 15:37 26 Feb 03

i have a 10gb hard drive which a "friend" inadvertantly partitioned. however, the 2gb primary partition is fine, the 8gb extebded dos partition cannot be accessed, when i try to delete it from fdisk it says that it contains logical drives, but when i try to delete the logical drives it says there are none!!!

the extended partition contains windows 2000 files but i have reformated the primary c: drive and installedd win 98. is this causing the problem. all i want is to be able to reformat the whole 10gb hard disk and have one partition again. a bit confusing i know but any help will be appreciated.

GORAL 17:21 26 Feb 03

If all you want to do is format the whole 10Gb hard drive, then fdisk is the answer. You say that so far you have only reformatted the primary C drive. Use fdisk to delete ALL the partitions then use it to create a single primary partition of 10Gb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…