Problem with explorer.exe

Lazzer 20:14 22 Sep 05

hi, when i boot up my pc at the welcome screen i get the error message explorer.exe has failed and then my desktop boots up but there are no icons or anything, i have to use ctrl alt and delete to run my programs, also when i open up internet explorer it opens up a page saying spyware detected and gives me a load of greif, can anyone help me?
thanks steven

Jackcoms 20:16 22 Sep 05

Have you done any AV and anti-spyware scans recently and, if so, which programs do you use?

Lazzer 20:18 22 Sep 05

i havent got any spyware or anti virus progs, id only just reformatted my pc and it seemed alright, but as soon as i restared the problems began

VoG II 20:20 22 Sep 05

You need AV click here and some anti-spyware click here at the minimum.

Jackcoms 20:21 22 Sep 05

WHAT??

No AV and no anti-spyware??

I suggest you go offline immediately and install something.

Update their definitions, run full scans and report back

Jackcoms 20:23 22 Sep 05

Good suggestions from VoG™.

Download, install, update and scan.

Lazzer 20:23 22 Sep 05

i will do right now :D

Lazzer 00:58 23 Sep 05

ok hey all i bought a copy of macaffe anit virus and firewall and installed it, i also installed adaware, however i know they are running but... the explorer.exe error is still comming up and i cant see my desktop icons or tool taskbar, any ideas?

Jackcoms 09:51 23 Sep 05

Have you updated their definitions and scanned with them?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…