//some 3rd party need geo

A problem in Excel XP

Desert Andy 16:48 22 May 04

I am programming in Excel XP using visual basic. Some of the tasks I have written take some time, I have turned off screen refreshing. Is there any way I can write code to put a flashing message box on screen to tell the user that the computer is processing the request?

Thanks for the help

Andy

VoG II 16:53 22 May 04

Without writing oodles of code that is not easy. What is easy is to use the Status Bar (bottom left of screen). This is the area that Excel itself uses. To put a message on the Status Bar use something like:

Application.StatusBar = "Working ... Please Wait!"

when finished use

Application.StatusBar = False

(Do not be tempted to turn off your message using Application.StatusBar = "" because you need to free up the bar for Excel to use later on.)

VoG II 16:57 22 May 04

If you want something a bit more fancy click here and scroll down to "Control the LED Display in the StatusBar".

Cesar 10:11 25 May 04

It's Possible to put a flashing window using VB 6.0 (I have done it) but unless you are proficient in VB I would leave it alone as it calls for several API calls. What version of VB are you using?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…