Problem with Epson 830u printer - My best buy?

hk1 13:48 28 Sep 08

(Previously posted on 'absolute beginners' - Thanks JohnDrew foryour reply)

Whenever I print with my Epson there is a very inky roller mark down the centre of every copy turned out. This makes printing photos, or documents impossible.
I have tried wiping the roller but this seems to do little good.
I must admit I have used compatible non-Epson ink cartridges - could this be my problem?
Should I just buy a new printer?
If so what would be my best bet? I have a budget upto £150, but would like to spend as little as possible!
I would like to print photos and text docs, and would also like to do copies if possible. At present I have a sep. scanner.
I would be very grateful for any advice.
Thank you

Technotiger 14:11 28 Sep 08

I would go for a new printer, at about half your budget you could get the Epson Photo R360, which is Grreat! I have one.

baldydave 20:33 28 Sep 08

This is due to head cleaning,have you had a blocked nozzle/head and tried cleaning it?
This used to happen to me as i didnt print that often and the heads blocked,finally got fed up with it and bought new HP printer miles better although cartridges are more expensive but it prints first time with no messing about

eedcam 22:24 28 Sep 08

Could be the waste ink tank and pads are full , try and have alook see if you can remove and empty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…