Problem emailing photos -

QUADDRA 00:50 26 Mar 09

Problem emailing photos - (XP) (Outlook Express)
Select photo to send
File and photo tasks
Email this file
Windows asks if it should make picture smaller for email
Then Outlook express with attachment opens but
You cannot enter a recipient or do anything with it
A cursor is flashing next to “To” but when you type or click “To” or try any of the buttons, nothing happens
Any ideas?

Forum Editor 01:14 26 Mar 09

and then open a new mail message. Click on the attachment symbol on the toolbar, and browse to the image you want to send. Select it and click OK.

Be aware of file sizes - big image files can exceed the file-size limit for attachments imposed by some ISPs, and they can take a long time to download at the other end.

jack 08:10 26 Mar 09

by third party apps.
download this free utility
click here
Comes complete with a 'How to' movie

^wave^ 08:29 26 Mar 09

install picasa3 it does all the hard for you

john bunyan 08:48 26 Mar 09

If you just want your receiver to look at a photo, suggest you use your photo software to make it 72dpi, and about 9.5 cm wide. then attach it as a picture.
I keep longer term snapshot type photos (.jpg) as 300 dpi at 7" x 5" or 10" x 8" (for printing) .If you send one or more of these, insert them as file attachments.(too many at a time may be timed out)

hssutton 09:06 26 Mar 09

As Jack says download Picassa it's free and it's childsplay to email photos. All you do is select the image to send and Picassa will automatically resize the image and attach it to an email ready for you to input the address and message

BradBourbon 09:13 26 Mar 09

I am no tech wizard but my wife was having a problem sending photos to her Nan. With the larger meg cameras nowadays our email did not like it and wanted them to be smaller. I was advised on this program which has worked great.

click here

BradBourbon 09:15 26 Mar 09

Sorry, should have added to the above that it sorts all this out in the background , nothing for you to do.
the link is here.
click here

QUADDRA 23:17 26 Mar 09

Hi, Thanks all.

If all else fails then I have some options, Cheers.
Still it would be good to fix whats gone wrong.
Does anyone know why it used to work with the sequence I mentioned above - windows offering to make the photos smaller then opening a blank email with all the photos ready attached just waiting for a recipient email to be entered.

How do I get this process back and working properly again?
Something must be wrong / broken for it to suddenly stop working.
Windows does the process up to opening the blank email but just wont let you enter any recipient or do anything with it? The curser is flashing but when you try typing or even clicking in the email nothing happens????

From your responses I know that a number of alternatives are available but I would like to fix this problem if I can.

Any one know what to do?

QUADDRA 22:58 27 Mar 09

Hi,

Still unable to send photos as above. Any one have any idea how to fix this?

Cheers

beeuuem 01:26 28 Mar 09

As it may be a corrupted file have you run SFC?
From click here

Repair Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express 6 by using the System File Checker in Windows XP
If you already have Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed, and you do not want to install Internet Explorer 8, you may be able to resolve problems with Internet Explorer 6 by running the System File Checker. Additionally, running the System File Checker may help resolve issues with Outlook Express 6.

To run the System File Checker, follow these steps: Click Start, click Run type sfc /scannow, and then press ENTER.
Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.
Restart the computer when System File Checker process is complete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…