Problem with email iv never seen before.

Lucky7 22:47 02 Dec 03

Hi, Please can you help me with an email problem that I have never seen before.

I have signed up with btinternet surftime and have an email address with them.

I have tried to set up outlook express as I have done many times before, but this time I can only send out emails, I don’t seem to be able to receive any. I have tried all sorts of things to get it to receive but no luck at all. The funny thing is that the same happens in their web mail. I have contacted BT with this problem but they don’t seem to know why it might be happening. Any ideas as I, am out of my depth with this one.

Thank you, Regards. Robert.

VoG II 22:50 02 Dec 03

Have you set Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger as your e-mail clients?

powerless 22:50 02 Dec 03

Have you set the pop settings correctly?

Any error messages?

Are you running AV?

woodchip 22:53 02 Dec 03

As Powerless SMTP for send POP for receive mail

Lucky7 20:12 03 Dec 03

I am running an anti virus program,how could this stop my email being recieved. The pop and the smtp seem to be set ok. im not recieving any error messages. How do i check if msn is my email client. Thankyou for your help. Lucky7.

bretsky 20:42 03 Dec 03

Have you checked whether your AV supports your type of email client because if it dosn't you will not be able to receive email (pop3, msn messenger, hotmail etc etc)
Good luck......bretsky;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…