Problem with DVD Drive

anthonyc675 12:53 10 Nov 08

Hi

I am using Windows Vista and my DVD Drive is: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N SCSI CdRom Device

They problem I am having is my DVD Drvie isn't recoginising new CD's when insterting, in My Computer it still shows the CD I inserted about 2 weeks ago. I have tried insterting the old CD, but it doesn't sort it. I tried to update Driver but latest driver is installed.

Also when I double click the CD it Open's it but doesn't run it and the icon next to the disc name is just the windows icon and not the disc icon which used to be the case.

Any help would be appriated.

Grey Goo 09:14 12 Nov 08

Can you uninstall the drive in device manager (If that still exists in Vista)and reboot and let windows find the drive again.

anthonyc675 11:48 12 Nov 08

Hi

Just uninstalled and re-installed driver, that has corrected the icon next to the Drive name, it shows a icon of the CD Drive.

It still doesn't run CD's when I insert them. I have to go to the Run program and manually run the Autorun.exe from the disc.

Even when I double click on the Disc from My Computer it only Open's the disc but dosen't run it.

I have gone into the Autorun facility on Control Panel and set Software and Games to Run/Install, but the only way I can do it is from the Run programe.

While it isn't necessarily a problem, it is really annoying.

Grey Goo 13:40 12 Nov 08

Have you checked autoplay settings. Right click drive icon then properties/Autoplay, you should see a list with a selection of options for different file types.

If you have no joy you could try this but I don't know if it is usable in Vista.
click here

Grey Goo 13:44 12 Nov 08

This is for Vista so it says
click here

Grey Goo 13:46 12 Nov 08

seems not available

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…